Date: Jan 18, 2020
Location: Sedona Performing Arts Center 995 Upper Red Rock Loop Road Sedona, AZ 86336 United States
The Sedona VegFest is a two-day celebration of the joys of whole food plant-based (WFPB) eating. Participants will learn from some of the top plant-based nutrition, lifestyle and healthcare experts in the nation, have delicious food options for lunch and snacks, and watch cooking demonstrations from knowlegable chefs – all in a fun, festive atmosphere.
Children 12 and under admitted free.
Find out how easy it is to adopt a lifestyle that can create remarkable, positive results for your own health, and for the world.
Did you know that:
- Many of the most dreaded chronic health conditions that plague American adults and children are not only caused by our diet, but are preventable or even reversible when we change the way we eat? People with heart disease, certain cancers, type 2 diabetes and many other chronic conditions, are finding their way back to health through whole, plant-based food, not drugs or surgery.
- Raising and processing animal products, has a greater impact on climate change than our transportation or how we heat our homes?
- The animals we eat are raised in inhumane and unhealthy conditions that cause suffering, and threaten human health as well? Factory farms raise 99.9 percent of chickens for meat, 97 percent of laying hens, 99 percent of turkeys, 95 percent of pigs, and 78 percent of cattle currently sold in the United States. In addition, humans are depleting our oceans of fish and other marine life, contributing even more to environmental damage and global climate change.
- Even though problems of our world often seem overwhelming, through a simple change in your own life, you can make a real difference. Come find out how!
You will learn:
- the latest scientific information on whole food plant-based (WFPB) nutrition and why this optimal plant-based diet is central to chronic disease prevention and control;
- the impacts of animal/fish agriculture on our environment;
- the impacts of animal/fish agriculture on animal health and welfare.
- how to prepare delicious WFPB entrees' through two available chef demonstrations.
You will experience:
- inspiring lectures and Q&A with top medical, environmental and animal rights experts.
- amazing WFPB lunch entrées.
- a building of community, both locally and nationally/internationally as we move forward from this third annual Sedona VegFest into the future.
When you come to Sedona VegFest, we want you to not only learn about the joys of whole food plant-based eating. We want you to experience these joys firsthand! You will have a choice of delicious plant-based options in the dining area.
Through a partnership between our HWS consulting chef and the Sedona Oak Creek School District (SOSCD), school district staff will cater our VegFest lunch. All lunch items will include gluten free options and will be prepared without added oils.
You can also purchase light fare and beverages at the concession stand in the lobby.
Lunch tickets will be available for purchase in the VegFest exhibit area - $12.50 per day, all-inclusive.
Go to healthyworldsedona.com for more information
We are seeking once again to make Sedona VegFest as close to a Zero Waste event as possible.
To support this effort, we will avoid the use of disposable plastic water bottles. Please bring your reusable water bottle, or purchase one of our official, Sedona VegFest stainless steel bottles that you can use at VegFest and throughout the year. You can order one now when you buy your VegFest ticket, or buy one when you arrive at VegFest. All bottles sold at the event will be washed, sanitized and ready to fill. Filtered water for filling will be available in the exhibit area and the dining area.
What can I bring into the event?
Pets or companion animals are not allowed at Sedona VegFest. Service animals, as defined by the ADA and Arizona law, are allowed.
Please do not bring disposable water bottles. We will have water available to refill your reuseable bottle.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 928-821-6754.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You can bring your ticket in either printed or electronic from (on your smartphone).
Date And Time
Sat, Jan 18, 2020, 8:00 AM –
Sun, Jan 19, 2020, 5:00 PM MST
Sedona Performing Arts Center
995 Upper Red Rock Loop Road
Sedona, AZ 86336
United StatesView All Events